If you think you really know The Lord’s Prayer, think again!
I was getting closer to it when God opened my eyes to it being Hebrew poetry, a royal psalm. But God has opened my eyes even more through a dry, technical book by a German academic, Joachim Jeremias, who really puts it in context.
- It is radical, urgent and immediate.
- A prayer for revival and for the end times.
- A prayer for the hallowing of God’s name where it is defiled.
- A prayer not to fall from belief in the great apostasy that will precede Jesus’ return.
- A prayer linked to communion, to Jesus our spiritual food.
- A prayer for the New Covenant.
- A prayer recognising God’s kingdom is here, now, and seeking its complete fulfilment and consummation on earth.
- It is both a prayer to be spoken and used at regular times of the day, and before communion, and a prayer outline.
If you think you know The Lord’s Prayer, think again!!!